Portable storage containers offer a multitude of uses for businesses, construction companies, retailers, hotels and homeowners.
On the commercial side, everything from construction tools at job sites, industrial materials, office equipment, and client and personnel files to surplus inventory and seasonal merchandise and displays can be stored in portable storage containers.
On the residential side, homeowners find mobile storage containers useful for storing home-based business records, equipment and product inventory, as well as storing furniture, clothing and other personal belongings while they seek to sell, renovate or declutter their homes.
However, in recent years, there’s been growing trend toward ingeniously repurposing mobile storage units, resulting in some creative alternate uses for mobile storage containers. Some of these alternate uses for old containers include homes, storefronts and classrooms. Other more creative uses include staging Halloween haunted houses inside a storage unit.
However, with the holidays upon us, have you ever thought about creating a winter wonderland inside one or more portable storage units? Creating giant, breathtaking holiday displays inside mobile storage units is actually easier than you think, whether you decide to do it for your home so the neighborhood can enjoy the show or as a fundraiser for a school, local charity or other non-profit organization.
Whatever your reason is, turning a mobile storage container into a winter wonderland for the holidays is a whimsically good idea!
Tips for Creating Holiday Displays inside Portable Storage Units
Setting up a winter wonderland inside one or more on-site storage containers is similar to how you’d decorate the exterior of your home for the holiday season. Here are some helpful tips and ideas for creating a mobile storage unit winter wonderland holiday display:
- Craft a merry atmosphere by using a color scheme of white, silver and blue with, perhaps, a dash of either red or green; putting up different types of lighting, such as strings of white lights and electric candles that twinkle in white; and playing holiday music, Santa’s laugh and other festive recorded sounds of the season.
- Appliance boxes, as well as other cardboard boxes and plastic bins in various sizes, can be covered in white fabric and either shaped to create the illusion of mounds of snow or used as display areas. Smaller sized boxes can be wrapped in patterned wrapping paper and grouped together as colorful collections of presents.
- Inexpensive fake Christmas trees in silver and white that are pre-lit with twinkling white lights or simply decorated using silver and white ribbon and ornaments add to the wonderland theme, as do wreaths decked out in silver, white and blue.
- Snowmen-themed and snowflake-themed ornaments add that winter flair and evoke visions of Frosty the Snowman.
- Enlist the help of holiday-loving friends and family to help create the winter wonderland mood and make it happen, either by participating in the holiday wonder or helping to set it all up.
- If you do plan to have people walk through the display, then be sure you take safety precautions such as creating enough space for adults and children to enter and exit without injury while maintaining the fun, holiday tone.
- Remember, all of these ideas and tips don’t require advanced building skills, nor do they require any modification to the interior of the storage unit itself – just an active imagination!
Contact A.B. Richards, the leading supplier of ground-level storage containers in the Northeast since 1982, today at (800) 597-5971 to have one or more storage units delivered on premises quickly and efficiently.
Our pros will help you learn more about our storage container renting and leasing options and help you get set up so you could start working on a holiday decorating masterpiece right away.