As you embark upon your spring renovation projects, you might be left wondering how you’re going to be able to store all of your belongings in the rest of your home to keep them safe from on-going construction. A.B. Richards, the leading supplier of portable storage containers in the Northeast since 1982, can help solve that dilemma.
Mobile storage containers are the ideal way to stow furniture, artwork, important records and files, and other personal and sentimental items, thanks to their sturdy, stainless steel construction and accessible on-site location. Homeowners located within the areas we service in the Northeast can choose from three different sizes – 20-foot, 40-foot or 40-foot jumbo (hi-cube). However, A.B. Richards’ portable storage experts recommend the 20-foot containers, which can hold approximately four to six rooms of furnishings.
How Portable Storage Containers Help Homeowners Renovate
Once delivered, A.B. Richards’ on-site storage containers allow homeowners easy, secure access to all that’s kept inside of them. As renovation progresses, they’ll have peace of mind knowing that the rest of their home isn’t cluttered and their possessions are kept out of their contractors’ way.
This also affords them the opportunity to cull through their stuff and pare down to the essentials. They can easily categorize what will be kept and what will be donated, sold or thrown away before putting everything back at the end of the remodeling project.
The mobile containers can further be used to store items from other parts of the house so they can give their newly remodeled home a good spring cleaning once the project is completed.
Expert Advice for Your Spring Home Renovations
To ensure your home renovation projects go smoothly this spring, here are some tips from the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI):
- Plan: This is key, so look over your home, consider what repairs are needed and what improvements can be made, and determine your future needs.
- Budget: Create a realistic budget, build in a contingency fund for unforeseen repairs, changes and add-ons, and stick to the budget as closely as possible.
- Work with Your Contractor: He or she can help you define what can be done within your budget and choose materials that best suit your style and overall needs. He or she can also guide you through the process of obtaining proper permits and variances as needed.
- Check Your Homeowner’s Insurance: Review your policy to ensure the proper adjustments are made to accommodate the added value of the work being done to your home.
- Consider Design and Function: Again, work with your contractor and go over items such as intended use of the space, flow of the space, where you want electrical outlets, phone jacks, charging stations, and cable and WiFi hook-ups located, the type of lighting required, your current and future storage needs, and whether or not you want to include luxury items.
How to Rent a Portable Storage Container
Before you begin any home remodeling project this spring, be sure to contact the portable storage experts at A.B. Richards at (800) 597-5971 today.
Our experts can answer any and all questions you might have, discuss mobile storage renting and leasing options and help you choose the appropriate ground-level storage containers that meet your needs and budget