The portable on-site storage market abounds with storage container options for business and industrial site owners, retailers, contractors and homeowners. But if you aren’t familiar with these types of containers, then you might stumble upon a few myths while trying to find the facts about them.
To better understand storage containers, A.B. Richards, the leading supplier of ground-level storage containers in the Northeast since 1982, has put together a short primer outlining what you need to know about storage containers.
Types of Storage Containers and Their Uses
First, you might be confused by the various names for storage containers, including moving containers, shipping containers, cargo containers, connex or conex boxes, ocean cargo containers, international shipping containers and ISO containers. However, they’re all essentially storage containers, and they can be bought new or used for specific storage or shipping uses, but in the case of containers used for personal storage, these containers are more commonly rented or leased.
At A.B. Richards we offer both renting and leasing options, and deliver 20-foot, 40-foot or 40-foot jumbo (hi-cube) storage containers to your place of business, your construction site or your home, depending on your storage needs.
Portable on-site storage containers can be used by business owners, retailers and contractors to securely store inventory, equipment, construction materials and key documents. Homeowners can use them to safely store household items, clothing and furniture when staging and selling, renovating and repairing or decluttering their homes.
Myths and Facts about Storage Containers
Still not convinced that storage containers can meet your personal on-site storage needs? Let us dispel the myths and give you the facts:
- Are They Clean? Yes, they are delivered clean, painted and ready to use.
- Are They Expensive? No, you can rent or lease one or more storage containers in the size(s) you need only for the desired amount of time, making them a smart, cost-effective storage option.
- Are They Safe? Yes, thanks to their sturdy 14-gauge steel construction and heavy-duty steel swing-out doors. This makes them a less-likely target of thieves and other unwanted intruders.
- Do I Need Insurance? Though they’re secure, it’s a good idea to carry insurance for the storage units or for the items stored inside.
- What’s the Difference between Personal Storage Containers and Standard Storage Units? Both have allotted amount of space to store items, but the advantage of a personal storage container is the fact it can be delivered on-site and in many cases be easily loaded onto the back of flatbed truck or inside another, bigger moving truck when relocating or moving.
Contact A.B. Richards today at (800) 597-5971 to learn more about our storage container renting and leasing options. Our expert staff can work with you one on one and review your specific needs, whether it’s for business, retail, construction, industrial or residential purposes, and guide you to the exact portable storage containers that work for you.