There is a myriad of reasons to rent or lease one or more on-site, on-demand mobile storage containers – including convenience, practicality, and security – as opposed to renting or leasing an off-site warehouse or self-storage unit. However, you might be unsure if renting or leasing portable storage containers is a better option than buying and owning them.
Let the mobile storage experts at A.B. Richards, the leading supplier of ground-level storage containers in the Northeast since 1982, help you put to rest any misconceptions you might have about mobile storage containers and help you make the smart decision to rent/lease the right number of containers you need.
We at A.B. Richards have more than 30 years’ experience in the temporary storage business, and we know there are distinct advantages of leasing versus owning a portable storage container.
The Advantages of Renting or Leasing Portable Storage Containers
There are several pragmatic reasons that support leasing or renting mobile storage units over purchasing them. They include:
- Flexibility: Renting or leasing mobile units work for both short-term and long-term storage needs because you can easily and quickly increase the number of units delivered to your location as your storage needs grow.
- Cost: “Renting also makes more sense than buying when businesses want to put less cash down or when containers are available at a more reasonable price from rental companies than from portable storage unit sellers,” according to the National Portable Storage Association (NPSA).
- Security: On-site containers allow you to easily monitor and safeguard your personal belongings, business records, client files, seasonal inventory, industrial equipment or job-site materials.
- Accessibility: Furthermore, they allow you to easily load and unload various items stored inside of them and access everything stored inside of them without making costly extra trips to an off-site location.
- Versatility: As your storage needs change, you can rearrange and change what you store inside of portable containers. They are roomy enough to store a variety of items and equipment and have plenty of storage potential depending on how you pack them.
In addition to all of these benefits of renting or leasing mobile storage containers, you can rest easy knowing our trained technical staff handles all aspects of storage container leasing, including unit preparation and inspection. Our qualified delivery staff provides courteous and efficient deliveries, and they ensure that all of our containers are delivered clean, painted and ready to use.
Our knowledgeable sales staff of storage professionals can also answer any questions you might have and help you select the right storage solution for your project or company. We offer 20-foot, 40-foot or 40-foot jumbo (hi-cube) storage containers.