In need of a cost-effective, secure storage solution that’s delivered right to you? Portable storage containers are exactly what you need. However, you might have some questions regarding how renting or leasing one or more portable storage containers works.
Frequently Asked Storage Container Questions Answered
The experts at A.B. Richards, the leading supplier of outside storage containers in the Northeast since 1982, put together answers to the most frequently asked questions about mobile storage containers:
- What do the containers look like? What are they made of? All of our portable storage units are made of sturdy 14-gauge stainless steel and feature thick, metal interior walls and a neutral gray exterior color that blends in with most surroundings.
- Is there flooring inside? All have one-and-3/8-inch hardwood floors.
- What is the condition of the containers? All are delivered clean, painted and ready to use.
- How many sizes do you offer? We offer three different sizes: 20ft, 40ft or 40ft jumbo (hi-cube).
- Is there a difference between standard and hi-cube containers? Our 40ft jumbo or hi-cube container features the same floor area as the regular 40ft container, but the entrance and the inside height are one foot higher, allowing for storage of larger items.
- How much stuff can fit into one container? How much that can fit inside one container largely depends on the container size you choose, on the density and size of your items and on how you pack and store your items. For instance, a 20ft portable storage container could approximately fit four to six rooms of stuff.
- Where will you deliver the containers? A.B. Richards delivers storage containers to your location within the areas we service in the Northeast, including Long Island and towns all across New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, such as Atlantic City, Hartford, and Philadelphia.
- How do you deliver the containers? Our containers are delivered to your location on special trucks that can easily offload them. Make sure you designate a space on site for the portable unit(s) that’s level. It should also have enough clearance to be delivered and picked up, as well as enough clearance to open and close the doors. Plus, space should be readily available to all who need to access the container(s).
- How sturdy are they? Our containers’ heavy-duty stainless steel construction makes them weatherproof and fire-resistant. Our containers also stand up well in the extreme temperatures of winter and summer.
- Are they secure? Can they be locked? Yes, our containers feature strong swing-out doors on one end that can be locked in addition to stainless steel construction. This makes them a less-likely target of thieves and other unwanted intruders. Plus, their on-site location allows you to control and monitor access.
- How are they different from self-storage? Items can be stored in both, but on-site storage containers offer more affordability, flexibility, convenience, and security than off-site storage facilities.
- Are they expensive? No, you can rent or lease one or more storage containers in the size(s) you need only for the desired amount of time, making them a smart, cost-effective storage option.
- Do I need insurance? Though they’re secure, it’s a good idea to carry insurance for the storage units or for the items stored inside.
- Are portable storage containers the same as Conex boxes or shipping containers? There are various names for storage containers, including moving containers, shipping containers, cargo containers, Conex boxes, ocean cargo containers, international shipping containers and ISO containers. However, they’re all essentially storage containers, and in the case of containers used for personal storage, these containers are commonly rented or leased.
For more information about our mobile storage units, give A.B. Richards a call at (800) 597-5971 today. Our storage container renting and leasing experts will answer all of your questions and help you choose the exact portable storage containers that fit your needs and your budget.