At A.B. Richards, we’ve been in the business of helping people get organized and making good use of extra storage space since 1982. We’ve seen our customers rent portable storage units for all sorts of reasons. Some need to organize their home or get ready for a move. Others need space for their business inventory or might need to store equipment at their work site.
A.B. Richards Will Help Take Care of Your Storage Needs
Whatever the reason that you are renting a storage container from A.B. Richards, we’ll help you with all of your storage needs. The rest is up to you. But we want you to get the most out of your storage so we want to make sure that your items are safe and secure and will not break. We’ve seen customers make mistakes storing goods so A.B. Richards would like to give you some tips on avoiding some common storage mistakes.
Stay Organized and Avoid Problems
One of the biggest mistakes you can make right off the bat is not organizing before you begin storing your items. Failing to organize can mean you’ll have difficulty retrieving items. You also could create conditions where items can break or become damaged or you may not be able to store all of your items easily.
You can save yourself a lot of frustration by going through all of the items you want to store and separate them into categories. You probably want to store clothing in one area and furniture in another area. You’ll want to consider the steps you’ll need to take to protect the items as well. For example, you’ll want to wash clothing before storing it.
Ways to Avoid Storage Mistakes
Once you’ve had your items separated, it’s time to begin storage. The website Apartment Therapy has several suggestions for avoiding mistakes while getting your items ready, including:
- Label Everything: The more you label your items the easier it will be to keep track of where it is when you need to retrieve it.
- Use Pallets: It’s a really good idea to keep items off the ground of your unit in case moisture ends up on the floor. You don’t want it soaked up by a mattress or your sofa.
- Wrap Your Items: Bubble wrap is your friend. So is plastic wrap, paper wrap or anything that you can get your hands on that will keep items stable, prevent dust from gathering and seal your items tight.
- Be Wary of Temperature Changes: Climate conditions and humidity can threaten the items you store. It’s important to keep your items dry, wrapped and well insulated.
- Plywood Can Help: Laying boxes over layers of plywood can help make the boxes more stable. That’s because it takes pressure off the tops of the boxes and keeps the contents safe.
Don’t Make a Storage Mistakes, Rent from A.B. Richards
A little organization and a little common sense will help you avoid making storage mistakes and keep your items secure and in good condition. Another way to make sure your items stay in top condition is to rent a portable storage unit from A.B. Richards. They are sturdy and safe, A.B. Richards containers are made of 14-gauge steel and come with a heavy duty exterior lock. They are weatherproof as well. To get started, contact A.B. Richards today.