Do you have an attic or crawl space that’s overflowing with unused items, memorabilia, suitcases, holiday decorations or sentimental items you wanted to tuck away? Are tax records for your family, client files for your home business, unused pieces of furniture and seasonal clothing taking over your basement? Do you have a room into which you throw everything when company comes over?
Is your garage chock-full of tools, car parts, paint cans, leftover materials from that remodel you finished a year ago, a chest freezer and cleaning supplies? Can’t fit your lawnmower in your shed anymore because of all of the gardening supplies?
Are you finding that there’s no more storage space left at your office, excess building supplies at your job site or a limited area for inventory storage in your retail space?
If so, then why not rent a portable storage container unit – or several – to help you free up precious space in your home or business this summer?
Renting or leasing on-site mobile storage units from A.B. Richards, the leading supplier of ground-level storage containers in the Northeast since 1982, will allow you to easily and conveniently sort through belongings at your home, seasonal merchandise at your store or old office equipment and records at your office, all at your own pace.
Depending on your storage needs, we can deliver 20-foot, 40-foot or 40-foot jumbo (hi-cube) storage containers to your location within the areas we service in the Northeast, including Long Island and towns all across New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania, such as Atlantic City, Hartford, and Philadelphia.
Our sturdy, weatherproof portable storage containers are made from heavy-gauge stainless steel, making them the perfect, secure choice for either short- or long-term storage right on site.
Tips for Decluttering and Organizing Your Home
Our A. B. Richards storage experts have put together a few tips to help you start to declutter this summer:
- Set aside several days or several weekends and commit to it.
- Understand this process takes time, and the best way to tackle it is to start small, working two to three hours at a time, each day.
- If you have more than one room to clear, declutter and organize, then plan which rooms you’ll target first, second, third, etc.
- The larger the task, the more help you’ll need. So enlist help to get it all done and not become overwhelmed. In exchange, offer a dinner out for a few hours. Seeing someone else effortlessly organizing your items will motivate you to continue and inspire you to finish.
- Figure out what you want to keep, donate, sell and discard.
- To keep paper clutter to a minimum, buy a file cabinet or scanner.
- After the sorting and purging process is finished, reorganize the space to allow things to fit. Don’t force or cram things into spaces. Get everything off the floor and make sure it there are open spaces and clear paths.
- Declutter seasonally. Use labels and put away seasonal items. Invest in storage bins and other types of organizational tools as needed. Showcase items worthy of display.
- As each room or space is cleaned, decluttered and organized, maintain the effort. Put items back in their rightful spots when you’re done with them and encourage others to do the same.
These tips can also be applied to the storage containers you use to keep your newly stored items organized. And now that you have the tools and tips to get started, let A.B. Richards help you with all of your organizational needs this summer.
Contact us today at (800) 597-5971 to learn more about our storage container renting and leasing options. Our seasoned staff will answer all of your questions and help you select the exact portable storage containers that meet your needs.